Friday 25 June 2010

The Taxidermist

God i want to be a taxidermist. I have done for a long while now, well perhaps two years and watching a few parts of the documentary on BBC ONE 'Imagine 2010 /2011 - 3. Art Is Childs Play'
The part i caught [as i am yet to watch the remainder tonight], looked at the taxidermy artist Polly Morgan.

www.pollymorgan.co.uk
Her work has literally made time stand still for me. It's like my heart stopped when i saw it, sometimes something clicks inside, to make you realise this is what you've been missing.
I have since been brainstorming ideas into how i could use taxidermy in my work, whether i choose to make it myself or alter the ready made. As much as do wish to learn the art of taxidermy, courses i have looked into are running at £300 for 3 days, which is steep, there are video courses but i feel in order to gain the best skills i should find myself a tutor. Until then i want to look at altering the ready made, ready made taxidermy such as birds, insects, fish and small animals such as rodents.
At least this way i can familarise myself with taxidermy forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment